All foreign students who come to a Spanish university must have medical insurance. Students from countries outside the European Union, European Economic Area or Switzerland, and are entitled to Social Security in their country, receive health care provision on equal terms with domestic persons. If you are from another country, you should see if it has bilateral agreements with Spain, in case there is such an agreement, you can receive health care once your are registered in the municipality. Finally, if you don’t enter into any of the previous two groups, you must hire a private insurance.

For any emergency, the public hospitals are Hospital Sant Pau (subway L4 “Guinardó Hospital Sant Pau) y Hospital Clinic (subway L5 “Hospital Clinic”)